In a society where not everybody is properly informed about vaping and our culture, we must all be cautious of how we act in public. Every time someone sees you vaping, they develop a view of every vaper. Though what’s right and wrong varies with who you ask, here is our guideline on vaping etiquette.
- Do Ask Permission. Especially in other people’s houses and out at restaurants. Use the rule of thumb that if you wouldn’t smoke there, don’t vape there.
- Do Educate. There are many reasons as to why you should educate those who don’t know much about vaping. Not only may you help somebody quit smoking but you could also help break the negative stigma associated with our hobby. Share your personal story and help someone to see that this could be a viable way for them to quit smoking.
- Do Keep Calm. Do not let a simple conversation about vaping turn into a heated argument. This will only further people’s negative view of vapers and our culture. Not everyone will share your views and that’s okay. We are all entitled to our own opinions.
- Don’t Judge Smokers. We are no better than them, just better informed. We made our own decision on what we would do with our bodies and they have the right to their own decision. Be sure not to criticize smokers the way some non-smokers did you before you quit.
- Don’t Blow Vapor Into Someone’s Face. Be respectful of other people’s personal space. It might smell good to you but it could ruin people’s appetites. Avoid blowing vapor in enclosed locations (elevators, movie theaters, public transportation). It’s completely unnecessary and avoidable.
When developing what you may consider your own right and wrong, just remember the key is to have respect for the people around you.
Guest Post from our friends BonzerVapez at bonzervapez.com